Laser Hair Removal Treatment in Islamabad
Laser hair removal is the process of removing unwanted hair by means of exposure to pulses of laser light that destroy the hair follicle. Dealing with unwanted hair on the body are a nightmare, especially for the women who want to have silky smooth hair free skin. Razors, wax, threading and depilating creams are usually considered solution to unwanted hair but these all are temporary and carry some side effects like cuts and ingrown hair. We have the most effective solution to your problem and that is laser hair removal. It is one of the most popular and the most beneficial hair removal method these days.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that uses laser beam to destroy hair follicles permanently by targeting the dark pigment in them. The procedure can be done on any area of the body and gives long lasting results without causing any side effects. However, it requires multiple sessions to produce desired results.
Who is the candidate?
Whether you are a man or woman, you can benefit from laser hair removal. Following elements can make you the best candidate for the procedure:
- You want to get rid of unwanted hair on your body with a procedure having long term results.
- You are the best candidate for this procedure if you have lighter skin tone and darker hair color.
- You are not suffering from any skin disease.
- You are not pregnant or lactating.
Common areas on which the procedure is performed
Laser hair removal can be performed virtually on any area of the body. Here are some common areas on which people get this procedure done.
- For women – Upper lips, chin, underarms, arms, legs, bikini line.
- For men – Shoulders, back, chest, abdomen.
How to prepare for the laser hair removal procedure?
Here are some steps that you should take in order to prepare for laser hair removal.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning for few weeks before the procedure.
- Shave the treatment area around 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not do waxing, tweezing or threading on the treatment area or around two weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid taking any antibiotics.
- Discontinue using Retin A or any other topical cream.
How the laser hair removal procedure is done?
Laser hair removal is performed on outpatient basis and takes few minutes to complete. The steps for the procedure are as follows:
- Applying numbing cream: Before introducing laser to the skin, topical anesthetic gel or numbing cream is applied on the skin. It helps reduce the discomfort caused by the heat of laser.
- Introducing laser to the skin: Then appropriate type of laser with accurate intensity and wavelength is introduced to the treatment area. Laser beam is absorbed by the hair follicles without damaging the skin.
- Applying cold compresses: Finally, cold compresses are applied on the skin to calm the burning sensation.
Laser hair removal is done in multiple sessions and the number of sessions depends on the color of skin and density, color and thickness of hair. Usually 4 to 8 sessions are enough to get the optimal results.
Recovery and aftercare
This procedure is minimally invasive and no severe side effects and downtime are associated with it. However, it may cause some temporary side effects like slight swelling, burning sensation and redness, which resolve quickly. The treated hair take about two weeks to fall out. Here are some tips that you should follow after your procedure:
- Use ice packs to resolve redness and swelling.
- Do not rub or scratch your skin.
- Avoid heat and hot bath.
- Avoid using products that can irritate your skin.
- Apply the prescribed ointment.
- Do not tweeze, pluck or wax the hair between the sessions. However, you can shave.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal carries a lot of benefits and this is why it is preferred on other hair removal methods. Have a look on some of them.
- This procedure removes the unwanted hair without causing any damage to the skin.
- It carries no side effects like ingrown hair and cuts on the skin.
- The results are long lastin
g, if not permanent.
- It is equally beneficial for small and large areas.
The results of laser hair removal start to show after 1 to 2 sessions but final results become visible after the course of treatment is completed. This procedure reduces hair growth up to 90 percent.
If you are tired of waxing and shaving and want a permanent solution to your problem, book a consultation with our laser experts at Royal Aesthetic Health.